<$BlogRSDURL$>

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clarioncontentmedia.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Myron Rolle has a busy day 


Don't typecast me


Florida State junior safety Myron Rolle is one of 15 semifinalists for the Bednarik Award, given each year to college football’s Defensive Player of the Year. He also happens to be a finalist for a prestigious Rhodes Scholarship.

The accomplished and impressive Rolle, priorities in order, will miss the first half of Florida State’s game with Maryland today to interview for the Rhodes Scholarship in Alabama. The university and head coach Bobby Bowden are having Rolle flown to Maryland after the interview.

"I thought about the fact this may come up a while ago," Rolle said of the scheduling conflict. "It didn’t crystallize in my mind until weeks ago when I learned I could be a finalist. It really hit me recently, but this is a priority for me and very special for my family."

His role model is Dr. Benjamin Carson, director of pediatric neurosurgery at John Hopkins Medical Institution. Carson who grew up poor in a tough Detroit neighborhood, in a single parent home, is the author of The Big Picture.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Congrats to Mr. Rolle who was awarded one of the 32 Rhodes Scholarships yesterday. May he serve the common good.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?