<$BlogRSDURL$>

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clarioncontentmedia.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pictures from our esteemed Guest Correspondent 

We have a guest columnist from Durham, via New Orleans and Tacoma, Washington, abroad in Ethiopia. Read the beginning of his saga in his own words here. Or just luxuriate in the fabulous pictures below. Thanks J. Coop.



A picture says 1000 words, but takes considerably less effort to post on a blog. In the spirit of laziness and appeasing those clamoring for photos, let's proceed to the slide show.

Scroll along with me, won't you?


Here's a photo of me with my boss, Melissa, in front of St. Mary's Ethiopian Orthodox church on the summit of Mount Entoto.


This guy has probably never heard of Mont Sleets, the legendary innovator of celebratory hand gestures, but he still gave me a high five at Mount Entoto.


This is the view from the summit of Mount Entoto, around 10,000 ft. The weather's a little hazy, but you can make out Addis in the valley below (elevation ~7,400 ft.).


Here's a little better photo of downtown Addis from the balcony of my hotel room.


The Sheraton I'm staying at in downtown Addis is just a little nicer than the Motel 6's I'm accustomed to staying at in the U.S.

That's it for know -- I'll try to post another story later this week.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?